My Oh My Peachy Surprise Pie
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter (chilled and diced)
- ¼ cup of ice water
Peach Pie Filling
- 3 ½ cups of sliced peeled peaches
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of butter
- ¼ cup of all purpose flour
No Bake Cheesecake Filling
- 2 package of cream cheese
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup of sugar
1) Start by making the pie crust. Preheat the oven to 425 °F. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
2) Roll out the dough ball out to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Place crust in the pie plate. Press the dough evenly into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Crimp the edges to whatever design you like. On top of the pie crust, place a piece of parchment paper. Then, place some pie weights or beans on top to ensure the crust doesn’t rise to much.
3) Place the pie crust into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. After that, remove the parchment paper and baking weights off the crust, and bake for an addition 10-15 minutes or untile golden brown. Once the pie crust is done, make it cool to room temperature.
4) Once the pie crust is finished, make the filling. Place the sliced peaches in a large bowl, and sprinkle with lemon juice. Mix gently. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pour over the peaches, and mix until well combined.
5) Pour the peach mixture into a medium pot and add the butter. Simmer until peaches are cooked through and tender. Once the filling is cooked, put it in the fridge to cool down.
6) Once the filling is in the fridge cooling, it is time to make the cheesecake filling. In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese and lemon juice until creamy. Add whipping cream and beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add the sugar and continue to beat until combined.
7) When Pie crust is cool, pour the cheesecake mixture into the crust. Smooth out the top and pour peaches over the cheesecake layer. Cover pie in saran wrap and chill overnight.